|Version 53 (modified by 15 years ago) ( diff ),
Jan 9, 2024
Nov 21, 2023
BASE - BioArray Software Environment
BASE is a comprehensive free web-based database solution for the massive amounts of data generated by microarray analysis. It is released under the GNU General Public License version 2. This site is devoted to BASE 2, material and downloads for other versions of BASE is available at the BASE 1.2 web site.
- BASE documentation exists in different versions and formats. We provide links to the latest stable release branch documentation here, html and pdf.
The getting started section may be extra useful for beginners. If you need documents for another release you need to install that specific release, or go to developer information for the bleeding edge (trunk) documentation.
- Features - Lists the most important features in BASE together with some nice screen shots.
- Developer information - Information for the BASE core and plugin developers. Here you will find information about the database schema, inner workings of the core, how to create plugins, how to contribute, and lots more.
- Future development - The time plans can be monitored through the milestone list in the Roadmap tab above.
- Project code statistics provided by svndigest. Svndigest calculates for each developer the number of contributed lines from a specific revision, and compiles some overall statistics. (Not continuously updated at the moment).
- Historical - Old documents that are no longer updated but still have some kind of informative value.
BASE 2 demo server
We have set up a BASE 2 demo server for those of you who want to try out BASE 2. For people without any account information we have added a user
base2 with password
base2 (valid on both servers). The
base2 user has read privileges to all data on the demo server.
The forthcoming release schedule is published under the roadmap tab above. Go the DownloadPage to download the latest release of BASE 2. Latest (stable) version 1.2.X can be downloaded through BASE 1.2 web site.
Many plug-ins are installed with the core install of BASE but many of these have to be configured before use. We maintain a list of core plug-ins and have a collection of sample configuration files. Contributed plug-ins and plug-ins that depends on non-Java based software packages have to be installed separately after setting up a BASE server. There is a BASE plug-ins web site for maintaining these add-on plug-ins.
Please use the BASE mailing lists for discussions about BASE 2. You have to login to this trac environment to be able report bugs, enhancement ideas, and feature requests. Login with userid base and password base and use the ticket reporting system.
BASE is an open source project and available for free under the GNU General Public License version 2.