Store experimental factor values as part experiments
The current implementation of experimental factor values rely on annotations (primary or inherited) on the raw bioassays. There are some drawbacks with this:
- Bioassays that are part of multiple experiments need to inherit annotations for experimental factors for both experiments. This can impractical since it require WRITE permission on the raw bioassays and it becomes difficult to share data with users that you don't want to give that permission to.
- Changing the annotation values are immediately reflected in the experimental factors. This might be undesirable if the old values have been used in the analysis already.
So, we need a solution that can store experimental factor values as part of the experiment instead of as part of the raw bioassays.
- The values should be copies of the annotations that was used to create them.
- A link to the originating annotation should be stored, but it should not block changing or removing the original annotation.
- It should be possible to manually change the experimental factor values.
- It should be possible to display the current "synchronization" status and re-sync with the original annotation.
Downstream tools that currently find experimental factors by loading annotations from the raw bioassays need to be updated.
Change History (43)
comment:2 by , 9 years ago
|Store exerimental factor values as part experiments → Store experimental factor values as part experiments