Error messages for extensions that fail to install are forgotten after installing other extensions
This issue is a bit hard to reproduce, but the outline is a follows:
- 2 different extensions are needed. At least one of them should contain resources that are extracted to the
- Begin by installing both of them.
- Prepare to trigger an error condition for one of the extensions by write-protecting the
www/extensions/xxxx.jardirectory and all files in all subdirectories (xxxx.jar should be the file name of the extension).
- Try to re-install the extension. This should result in a error message about no permission to write files to the directory from the previous step.
- Try to re-install the other extension. This should work.
- Now, click on the extension that failed to install in the 'By file' branch of the tree to the left. The details section displays a stacktrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException ...at org.apache.jsp.admin.extensions.details_jsp._jspService(details_jsp.java:866) ...at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70) ...at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728) ...
This is caused by the error messages from the failed installation are no longer available after the successful installation that happened after.