|Version 101 (modified by nicklas, 3 months ago) (diff)|
Jan 31, 2017
Sep 18, 2015
May 5, 2015
BASE - BioArray Software Environment
BASE is a comprehensive free web-based database LIMS solution for tracking of information and data generated in sequencing and microarray experiments from sample to analysis. BASE is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
- January 31, 2017: BASE 3.10 has been released.
- August 23, 2016: BASE 3.9.1 has been released.
- June 9, 2016: BASE 3.9 has been released.
- April 27, 2016: BASE 3.8 has been released.
- April 22, 2016: BASE 3.7.2 has been released.
- March 7, 2016: BASE 3.7.1 has been released.
- January 11, 2016: BASE 3.7 has been released.
- October 8, 2015: BASE 3.6 has been released.
- April 21, 2015: BASE 3.5 has been released.
Go the DownloadPage to download the latest release of BASE.
- BASE documentation exists in different versions and formats. We provide links to the latest stable release branch documentation here:
The getting started section may be extra useful for beginners.
- Features - Lists the most important features in BASE.
- Developer information - Information for the BASE core and plugin developers. Here you will find information about the database schema, inner workings of the core, how to create plugins, how to contribute, and lots more.
- Future development - The time plans can be monitored through the milestone list in the Roadmap tab above.
- Project code statistics provided by svndigest. Svndigest calculates for each developer the number of contributed lines from a specific revision, and compiles some overall statistics.
- Historical - Old documents that are no longer updated but still have some kind of informative value.
How to cite BASE?
Johan Vallon-Christersson, Nicklas Nordborg, Martin Svensson and Jari Häkkinen
BASE - 2nd generation software for microarray data management and analysis
BMC Bioinformatics 2009, 10:330 Take me to the article
BASE demo server
We have set up a BASE demo server for those of you who want to check out BASE. For people without any account information we have added a user base with password base. The base user has read privileges to all data on the demo server.
- Core plug-ins are included in a standard BASE installation. Many of these have to be configured before use.
- The BASE plug-ins web site contains contributed plug-ins and plug-ins that depends on non-Java based software packages. They have to be installed separately after setting up a BASE server.
Please use the BASE mailing lists for discussions about BASE. You have to login to this trac environment to be able report bugs, enhancement ideas, and feature requests. Login with userid base and password base and use the ticket reporting system.
BASE is an open source project and available for free under the GNU General Public License version 3.
The Lund BASE team sponsors