Activating/deactivating roles on the fly in a login session
|Reported by:||nicklas||Owned by:||nicklas|
Description (last modified by nicklas)
A user with multiple roles should be able to select which roles should be active during a session. For example, a user that is also an "Administrator" might want to disable the "Administrator" role until it is needed.
Which roles should be active after logging in? There are a number of possible options:
- It is automatically remembered per user.
- A configuration option for each role that forces a role to be either active or not.
- A combination of 1 and 2. Some roles are forced, some are remembered.
- As 3 but each user is allowed to configure which roles that should be active or not.
To preserve backwards compatibility, lack of configuration settings must mean that all roles are active.
UPDATE The final implementation is different from all of the above alternatives. The default setting is that all roles are active after logging in. A user may choose that some roles should be inactive after logging in (BASE -> Preferences -> Inactive roles dialog). Changes during the session are not remembered.
Change History (7)
comment:4 Changed 2 months ago by nicklas
- Owner changed from everyone to nicklas
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 Changed 3 weeks ago by nicklas
- Description modified (diff)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed